With our bird-saving mission, the mightly-little Birdsbesafe® company gets its share of attention! We have collected articles and TV features about Birdsbesafe® products on one page for you, here. And you can also check our Youtube Channel for our Birdsbesafe videos. (Scroll down to the end of the page to see more international links, including from The One Show feature on BBC TV in 2016.)
Pacific Standard magazine featured our product in a story in their March 2017 print issue. There is also a wonderful photograph of a flying cat, wearing Birdsbesafe, and a video of the Julie Christie photoshoot. (Same link.)
The Atlantic online magazine featured the writing of Conor Gearin, who interviewed us about the origin of Birdsbesafe® cat collar covers, on Dec. 9, 2015. Great article!
Ray Brown's Talkin' Birds radio show: Host Ray Brown interviewed Nancy Brennan about Birdsbesafe company's origins and our product. Here's the link: go to 8:36. (Jan. 2016)
Conservation magazine reported on our product and the two 2015 scientific reports of efficacy. (Dec. 9, 2015)
- An online Audubon magazine article profiled Dr. Willson's field study, Feb. 2015, and our products were mentioned in another Audubon magazine article (online) appeared in July 2015.
- International press stories on Birdsbesafe ran in January 2016 in Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Slovakia, Mexico and more. Some translation required. The Swiss article is excellent! An article appeared in Danish press in March 2016.
- Dr. Susan Willson et al wrote up their field study of Birdsbesafe covers in the Global Ecology and Conservation Journal. The abstract and the highlights present a nice summary (Jan. 2015)
In the Journal of Applied Animal Behaviour, read about the science study in Perth Australia at Murdoch University, titled: Assessing the effectiveness of the Birdsbesafe® anti-predation collar cover in reducing predation on wildlife by pet cats in Western Australia (Jan. 2015)
Discovery News website had a feature on Birdsbesafe science studies here.
Daily Mail, the large newspaper from the United Kingdom, weighs in with a story about Birdsbesafe and Australian research results. And the Mirror, also in the U.K. nicely captured the essence of both the U.S. and Australian studies in a story here. (Wins our appreciation for humor, accuracy and readability!)
- Petsafe® company's cat journalist wrote a mention of Birdsbesafe® products in her article about cat predation activities and how to stop them, here.
Stowe Today, the Stowe Reporter's online news site and the Waterbury Record, in Vermont cover the science study news here. It's a good summary.
Report in Ornithomedia.com, a serious review of Dr. Willson's field study, in a European online ornithology journal. Click "translate" button to read in English. Feb. 2015.
Takepart.com journalist, Richard Conniff, weighed in with this article.
Mother Nature News, has their input, here.
Smithsonian online magazine gives Birdsbesafe's Australia study results a quick look here.
- We received a mention in a reference to the St. Lawrence U. science study, on Wikipedia's page about cats.
- My local paper, The Waterbury Record, wrote up our news when the science study information was beginning to be discussed in the fall of 2014.
- Many publications and websites wrote about Birdsbesafe® products in early 2015, following the science studies. Some used the comparison of our device's looks with that of scrunchies, a notion that went viral for a while. Here are some links: Modern Cat Magazine (link coming soon); Yahoo News; MTV; Metafilter.com, The Examiner; Discovery News; The Weather Network; Science Times; IFLScience.com; Metafilter.com (thank you!); Happy Place Ecards; One Green Planet; Tech Mash UK; Inquistr; Fur Bearer Defenders (best title: Fashion and Function Meet in Bird-saving cat collar), Australian Broadcasting Corp.'s viral article here; Bird Channel (part of the Cat Fancy magazine family) wrote this. Reddit also covered some stories; feel free to link more to Reddit if you like that forum for discussion.
- Dr. Willson gave an interview to her local public radio station in the fall of 2014, talking about early interpretations of her field study work on Birdsbesafe.
Elizabeth Gilbert, author and satisfied customer, wrote a blog post about Birdsbesafe in spring of 2013. It's some of the best writing on our product, of course!
- Our local Vermont TV station filmed a feature story on Birdsbesafe in April 2011. While our business has evolved a lot since 2011, they did a great job of presenting how and why the product works to save birds.
- The first story on Birdsbesafe, locally, was in 2009, right after we went in business.
... there are more, including a story on the AP wire in 2012, when we were involved in a gift bag at a pre-Oscars party...stories in the Burlington Free Press, Champlain Valley Business Journal and many mentions in blogs around the country. You can also find them in our own blog posts.
New International Press from 2016:
- Birdsbesafe® was profiled in a TV feature on The One Show on BBC in December 2016. This in-depth reporting showed a woman who tested the Birdsbesafe cat collar covers on her two outdoor-going cats. She said that they stopped catching birds when they wore our product! (There is difficulty in viewing this video outside of the UK, alas, due to BBC policies. The solution? You can view it by using a virtual private network service. Try TunnelBear, for instance, and set your location to the UK.)
- Birdsbesafe® collar cover was described by a German university as the Patent of the Month of June, 2016, and you can see the article here (in German). So cool!
20min.ch, a Swiss media outlet, covered Birdsbesafe here on Jan. 17, 2016,
- Our products were described in Spectrum.de in Germany.
- In the UK, a story on catios included information on Birdsbesafe.
Are you in the media? Use our contact button or page, and we'll be in touch!