We're again shipping to AU NZ • Pandemic News and More on our Blog
November 07, 2015
In Vermont, it is almost bird-feeding season, which starts when the local black bears go into hibernation. Never a good idea to attract black bears to your yard with birdseed! We like feeding birds, but we try to do it at the right time.
We also keep our feeder up above a porch roof, so birds don't feed on the ground where they might be easy for predators to capture. We're in the bird-protecting business, afterall.
At Birdsbesafe® company, we sell Birdsbesafe cat collar covers to help protect birds from housecats. There are, of course, other ways you can protect songbirds. Here's a list of some options you should consider.
1. Keep your cat indoors all the time. It's a terrific solution.
2. Keep your cat indoors at dawn and dusk, and in between nightfall and the morning.
3. Walk your cat on a harness, or keep your cat contained in an outdoor "catio" or enclosure of some kind.
4. Use our Birdsbesafe® cat collar covers on your cat to make the cat easy for birds to see and avoid.
5. Don't use a birdfeeder in a location that lets birds feed in groups on the ground if you have an outdoor cat. And don't have shrubbery or other visual barriers around the base of a birdfeeder -- eliminate places cats can hide from their prey until capturing birds.
6. Teach your neighbors about ways to protect birds from their cats. Try to do this with a calm tone and without accusing their cats of being killers of billions of birds.
7. Ask your local nature shop to carry Birdsbesafe cat collar covers or put them in touch with us via our website.
Together, our customers have protected (estimated) 100,000's of birds this year alone. We're making a difference, with your help, in the impact of 100 million cats in the U.S. and more. Thank you for caring about cats and birds.
September 01, 2020
We have missed you, and you have missed us. Hello to our friends and customers in Australia and New Zealand!The Covid-19 pandemic conditions caused a pause in our ability to ship globally. We are sorry for the problems, but we are now resuming shipping to you, in time for springtime Down Under.
August 05, 2020
As we continue to journey through this pandemic year, we send well wishes to all our cat-owning and bird-protecting friends, here and abroad. Here's the latest information from Birdsbesafe headquarters in Vermont.
Earlier in the pandemic, our US First Class Packages were slowed by traveling by ship rather than airplane, but this situation seems to have been resolved. (Thank you to our patient customers who waited on deliveries!) See country details in full blog post, please.
July 12, 2020
More inventory will arrive for our website listings on July 21. We apologize for the occasionally low inventory levels this season, but the pandemic has slowed the supply chain.
The good news is that we always have Birdsbesafe collar covers available for you! Thank you for your patience if you are waiting on a specific color or pattern.